scotland, racism

Cairnbulg

Opened as Inverallochy: 1st July, 1903.
Renamed Cairnbulg: 1st September, 1903.
Closed: 3rd May, 1965.

Cairnbulg Station was located between the towns of Cairnbulg and Inverallochy. It consisted of a single platform with a crossing loop, which was used by trains for RAF Fraserburgh during World War II. Today the site has been redeveloped and is now occupied by a road used by buses for turning.

Wikipedia page.


An early photo of Cairnbulg Station, shortly after the St. Combs Light Railway opened for traffic. [Bob Rae Collection]

Collapse )
scotland, racism

St. Combs

Opened: 1st July, 1903.
Closed: 3rd May, 1965.

St. Combs Station consisted of a single platform with a rounding road. The site of the station is now occupied by housing scheme.

Wikipedia page.


A view towards the buffer-stops at St. Combs Station on 17th June, 1949, with the branch train, formed of ex-GNoSR stock, standing at the platform. [H.C. Casserley]

Collapse )